Here We Are
It’s that special time a week where you have the opportunity to come together with your staff and meet about everything that may be going on in your residence hall or in your department. Times will vary but it’s likely your staff meeting needs to come later in the day to accommodate the other meetings and commitments everyone on your staff seems to have.
You may be tired from the day already and staff meeting might be the last thing you want to attend.
No one wants to say it, but here’s the TRUTH about your weekly staff meeting.
1. You come together as a staff and talk about life until you’re all there and ready to start.
2. The agenda is handed out and you’re dreading a certain topic.
3. No one can seem to focus now that it’s time to get work done.
4. THE SIDE CHATTER NEVER SEEMS TO END!
5. One brave soul speaks up to bring the group back together.
6. You get a chance to share what’s going on with your students and your community projects.
7. Brainstorming new programs and initiatives remind you why you’re grateful to be here.
8. You have the chance to process all the new information and what your day consisted of.
9. You wrap up the meeting and relief overcomes you.
10. You can’t wait for next week’s meeting.
A staff meeting is different for everyone. Introverts, extroverts- everyone has a different perspective coming into it. However long your meeting may be, always respect the opinions of your team. So, “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about” – Wendy Mass, The Candymakers.