We’re seeking one non-zombied undergraduate or graduate students to join our team in NYC (or virtual, though less desired) as interns, to be a jack of all trades, to help us train leaders on how to build a world in which everyone feels welcomed, connected, and engaged within their community and organization. From national events like the International Free Hugs Day and Random Acts of Kindness Day, to a hands-on role with our 5x award winning Dance Floor Theory leadership training, you’ll be reporting directly from the front lines to make the biggest impact possible. Paper pushers need not apply!
Your Mission (if you choose to accept it):
- Smile and be awesome, in the face of chaos you’ll remain cool as a cat.
- Be a direct part of many ongoing and one-time projects from the team.
- Be in charge of specific weekly/monthly metrics of success.
- Love improving and updating our various internal systems (Google Drive, Excel, Capsule, Mailchimp, etc).
- Grease the daily, weekly, and monthly ongoing operations of the company to ensure we are green and growing…and most importantly on track.
- Within a single day, be willing to make copies one moment, to building financial models the next.
- Format and design one Kindle/eBook per month.
- Sign up 100 student groups for our national Blender Events (Free Hugs Day or R.A.K. Day).
- Be a part of the development team for live webinars and online classes.
- Write and create written content (blog posts and ebooks/books) on Dance Floor Theory™ material.
- Engage in the sales and marketing process related to Dance Floor Theory™ trainings and products.
- Be a direct part of many ongoing and one-time projects with the team.
About Swift Kick:
If you Google “Swift Kick,” three results appear…
- A 1980’s rock band making a comeback career.
- YouTube clips of people kicking each other “swiftly.”
- And us. For the past 12 years, our actions have trained leaders at colleges and corporations to create a culture of engagement where everyone feels welcomed, connected and engaged. We are physically located in NYC in the heart of downtown at 150 Broadway.
What, you ask, would you be doing?
Well, check out this first hand account from our previous intern.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, multi-talented individual who wants to see the inside of a fast-moving company and work closely with the founder. The ideal candidate is a student leader or graduate student with student leader experience who is willing to work hard and do a wide variety of tasks in order to get their foot in the door, learn, fail, succeed, and make connections. We are a small team, so you’ll work directly with Tom, the Founder of Swift Kick and Lead Facilitator as well as everyone else on the amazing team.
The level of work you’ll do is only limited by your capabilities. Are you capable of: Designing a presentation? Researching a market? Creating a financial model? Great, as long as you’re also willing to make copies and run errands if needed. Essentially, you should be overqualified, but not have a problem doing assistant-like tasks if needed. In exchange, you’ll get unique visibility into a unique company, a great learning experience, and the chance to move on to do many other things with a strong endorsement…unless you mess it up :-).
Some additional requirements include…
- you were an involved student leader and loved every moment of it.
- your personality shines and you just can’t help it because you’re just that amazing and people warm to you quickly.
- your three closest friends would describe you as consistent and reliable.
- <center><img src=”HTTP” alt=”you know what this means” /></center>.
- You have some Canva design skills.
- you’d be cool with getting an “EduPunk” tattoo because you like messing with educational Standards and Best Practices to produce better outcomes.
- you’re ok changing your own flat-tire because you’re self-driven, determined, and an independent thinker even if you’ve never changed a tire before.
- you focus on the outcomes of a job versus just sitting at a desk watching the hours go by.
- you’re excited about living and working in NYC despite possum sized rats in the subways :-).
- oh, and your Bog Snorkeling skills are through the roof.
An Offer You Can’t Refuse:
- Office space in a super cool NYC space downtown (if in-person internship).
- Full day adventurous quarterly strategy retreats around NYC like this one.
- Class credit if needed.
- Direct daily interaction with Swift Kick’s Founder and Lead Facilitator, Tom Krieglstein.
- A weekly professional development mentorship meeting with a mentor to set, and check on, personal and professional goals.
- Joining a mission driven company changing lives.
- An opportunity to grow with Swift Kick.
- Immediate ability for your work to directly impact Swift Kick’s growth and direction as well as other students’ lives!
- Monthly stipend of $300 (if internship isn’t for class credit).
While an in-person internship will provide you with the optimal experience, it’s not required as we are not able to support interns with any housing or moving expenses.
Double-Dog Dare You To Apply:
Send your scratch-and-sniff or pop-up resume and cover letter to melissa [at] swiftkickhq [dot] com.
The cover letter MUST include the following:
- Describe why this internship is calling out to you to apply.
- What skills/talents will you bring to the Swift Kick team?
- What do you most want to learn from an internship?